Friday, April 1, 2011

Greys Anatomy - Musical Episode

Did yall' see last night’s Greys Anatomy Musical Episode? I did, I have watched the episode a few times and really enjoyed it but never got into the series. I think that the "music" takes the seriousness from the show. It reminds me of the FOX show Glee, where a high school glee club sings certain songs pertaining to that week’s topic. Buddy TV had said that all songs were not successful. I thought some of the songs were good but the overall show was silly. I’m not sure if the “music event” will continue but they should only include very few songs. In the recent episode there were a lot of songs packed into the episode. Buddy TV had also said that in a traditional “musical” characters build up emotion and release it through a song. Most characters on this week’s episode had much stress, such as dealing with a patient that was pregnant and having to decide which one to save. Half way into the episode the happy “music” starts and the mood of the episode is changed. The patient and her baby are saved. I think that they should not continue with the “musical.” The show is very successful and viewers that don’t like this “musical” episode might stop watching Greys Anatomy.
-Brandon Reed
Find more on this article Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment